MIP41c4-SP#: 23 Author(s): Tomek Mierzwa (@tmierzwa) Contributors: Arran Kitson (@Arran) Tags: core-unit, cu-din-001, facilitator Status: RFC Date Applied: 2021-09-07 Date Ratified:
This subproposal adds Tomek Mierzwa (@tmierzwa) as the facilitator for the Data Insights Core Unit.
My name is Tomek Mierzwa.
I have over 20 years of experience with data engineering, data quality management, data governance and business intelligence.
For almost two years I’ve been leading the Data Services team in the Foundation. I had a pleasure to work with many of you, providing information and insights, answering questions and building data related products. With the help and inspiration of many people I created the EthTx.info transaction decoder as well as the MCDState, MCDGov and Liq2.0 datasets.
Currently, after leaving the Foundation I’m involved in building Token Flow, a venture dedicated to monetizing blockchain data inside and outside the DeFi ecosystem. I believe I’m well suited to become a part-time Facilitator of the Data Insights CU and serve MakerDAO with my experience with data and the Protocol.
Tomasz Mierzwa, based in Warsaw, Poland (Central European Time)
- Forum handle: @tmierzwa
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/mierzwik
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tomasz-mierzwa/
The following list describes my commitment and actions as the Data Insights CU Facilitator:
- Serve as a point of contact between the Data Insights Core Unit, the Governance community and other Facilitators to ensure a cohesive understanding of CU deliverables and progress.
- represent the team in weekly community calls
- work with the community and act as a triage point to collate new community requests and share awareness with the team
- continue to be active on the Maker Forum and Rocket Chat as an easily reachable point of contact
- Help define the exact scope of the Protocol data and other products delivered by the Data Insights Core Unit and facilitate the definition of proper semantics required to decode and classify the data.
- facilitate the determination of the exact scope of source data
- facilitate the definition and publication of decoding, integration and enrichment algorithms and semantics
- facilitate the definition and implementation of data quality rules
- Maintain documentation detailing accomplishments, current work, planned work and upcoming targets to ensure transparency and broad project awareness.
- document team objectives and key results
- maintain a community facing backlog representing workstreams
- prioritize the task to ensure an effective delivery of products and services defined by the Core Unit mandate in alignment with the budget proposal
- Over 20 years of practical experience in organizing, planning and managing large IT projects, mainly in the area of Business Intelligence, Data Governance and Master Data Management solutions.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the analysis, planning and implementation of data engineering and data analysing systems in the traditional finance world.
- Extensive experience in managing project teams and conducting business requirements analysis (data and process modeling, data management, analytical flows, etc.).
- Very good understanding and practical experience with Maker Protocol data.