Preamble

MIP41c4-SP#: 25
Author(s): @travinimmunefi
Contributors: @psychonaut
Tags: core-unit, cu-is-001, facilitator
Date Applied: 2021-10-06
Date Ratified: <yyyy-mm-dd>

Sentence Summary

MIP41c4-SP25 adds @travinimmunefi as the Facilitator for Core Unit IS-001: Immunefi Security.

Specification

Motivation

I present myself as the candidate facilitator for the Immunefi Security Core Unit because I want to ensure that this first foray of extensive collaboration between decentralized organizations, namely the Maker ecosystem and Immunefi, is executed at the highest level of competence.

I believe I am a suitable candidate for this role due to my current involvement in Immunefi, the largest bug bounty platform in crypto, as one of its Co-Founders. In the past, I have had extensive experience in cryptocurrency communities and projects in various capacities since 2016, when I began working in crypto full time. I have also had experience with open source organizations, such as the Open Source Initiative and the Linux Foundation, primarily with my contributions to Hyperledger.

Core Unit ID

IS-001

Facilitator Name and Information

• Forum: @travinimmunefi
  • Twitter: @TravinKeith
  • Discord: Travin Keith | Immunefi#3586
  • Telegram: @TravinKeithImmunefi
Prior Experience
  • 5+ years full time in Cryptocurrency
    • Board Member of the Nxt Foundation
      • Helped launch Ardor
      • Led and managed almost everything other than core development for almost a year
    • Advisor to Obyte, SmartCash, and Sora
    • Co-Founder of STOKR
    • Independent consultant for a multitude of projects, both decentralized and centralized
      • Solutions architecture
      • Marketing strategy
      • Communications
      • Use case development
    • /r/BitcoinMarkets Slack Admin
    • Co-Founder of a crypto wallet project (never launched)
  • Co-Founded crypto’s largest bug bounty platform - Immunefi
  • Open source organizational experience
    • Open Source Initiative
      • Advocate Circle
    • Linux Foundation - Hyperledger
      • Co-author of whitepaper “An Introduction to Hyperledger”
      • Contributor to multiple working groups
  • 10 years of startup and small business experience
    Facilitator Commitment
  • As Facilitator, I’m committing to organize and execute the fulfillment of the mandate and collaborate with other Core Units to contribute to the security of the MakerDAO ecosystem.
  • The team structure is hierarchical with multiple 3rd parties contributing to the work performed by the core unit, including those provided by Immunefi itself.
  • Roles and responsibilities of other team members and 3rd party contributors will be documented and shared as part of our Core Unit documentation.
  • Operational continuity will be assured through proper handover procedures created and implemented.

Related Documents

2 Likes