MIP41c4-SP6: MakerDAO Shop Facilitator Onboarding, MDS-001
MIP41c4-SP#:5 Author(s): Coulter Mulligan & Mike Porcaro Contributors: Status: Request For Comment (RFC) Date Applied: 2021-03-03 Date Ratified: yyyy-mm-dd
The MakerDAO Shop Core Unit will help build brand awareness and goodwill for MakerDAO and Dai by offering branded items (Swag, NFTs, etc) via the official MakerDAO store. Available globally, Customers from around the world will be able to buy their items in their preferred currency, including Dai.
Maker has a reputation for creating some of the most in-demand swag in DeFi. Event booths were regularly swarmed by enthusiasts looking for Maker and Dai-branded items.
Creating the “MakerDAO Shop” on MakerDAO.com offers a direct way for people to purchase merchandise directly from the project while also getting the Maker and Dai logos into broader circulation. It’s also a valuable resource for partners, event organizers and Core Unit teams looking for branded promotional items to use in their various programs.
Infrastructure for the store is already in place, so the shop could be up and running in a matter of days should the MIP be approved.
CM: Head of Marketing for Maker Foundation since March 2018
MP: Head of Communications for Maker Foundation since April 2018
Shared 40+ years experience in MarComms roles
Created, managed, and delivered Marketing and Communications strategy, playbooks, campaigns, activations etc… for Maker Foundation
Proven track record of delivering results on or under budget
History of working with Maker and broader DeFi community to create in-demand branded merchandise
Established a reputation for having the most desirable merch at the biggest crypto events (Devcon etc…)
Sourced, designed, created, budgeted all official Maker swag in that time
Core Unit Name
MakerDAO Shop Core Unit
Facilitator name and information
Our commitment to this Core Unit is to:
- Build brand awareness and goodwill for MakerDAO and Dai by offering branded items (Swag, NFTs, etc) via the official MakerDAO store
- Oversee the creation, production, pricing, sales and distribution of Maker and Dai branded merchandise
- Operate the official “MakerDAO Shop” linked on MakerDAO.com
- Work with Community and Core Unit leaders to get feedback and ideas for new merch.
- Coordinate efforts with Core Unit leaders, partners and community members to create special edition merchandise.
- Conduct marketing campaigns promoting the store and merchandise.
- Provide sales figures and reports to the DAO on a mutually agreed upon cadence.