MIP41c4-SP#: 8 Author(s): David Utrobin Contributors: Tags: core-unit, cu-com-001, facilitator Status: Formal Submission Date Applied: 2021-03-12 Date Ratified: <yyyy-mm-dd>
MIP41c4-SP8 onboards David Utrobin as Facilitator for Core Unit COM-001: Governance Communications.
In addition to facilitating our Core Unit Mandate and Ways of Working as outlined in the Governance Communications MIP, the following describes my commitment and actions as a Governance Communications Team Facilitator, to;
- Serve as a point of contact between the Governance Communications Core Unit, the Governance community, and other facilitators to ensure proper coverage by our team.
- Represent the team in weekly community calls.
- Work with the community and act as a triage point to collate new community requests and share awareness with the team.
- Continue to be active on the Maker Forum and Rocket Chat as an easily reachable point of contact.
- Remove the administrative workload for the Governance Communications Core Unit to enable them to focus on the tasks they have committed to deliver.
- Facilitate goal planning sessions, external team meetings, help with tasks.
- Communicate expectations for all ongoing tasks in/outside of the team.
- Maintain the team budget, accounting and overhead management.
- Maintain planning documentation detailing accomplishments, current work, planned work and upcoming targets to ensure line of sight, clarity, and transparency.
- Document quarterly objectives and key results to help steer planning and prioritization.
- Maintain an active team backlog of tasks detailing team progress.
- Adjust the team as needed to deliver on the mandated objectives.
- Build specializations within the team to facilitate targeted focus and increase team efficiency.
- Removal and Hiring for the team.
- Guide team-members through professional development and growth.
Experience at Maker
- Community Development Lead @ Maker Foundation for almost 3 years.
- Lead the Tuesday community call for over two years.
- Designed and operates the Meetup Grants Program.
- Designed and operates the Governance Call Summary Team.
- Served on the Community Development Initiative Proposal(CDIP) approval committee.
- Wrote the bulk of the original SCD and MCD FAQs.
- Started Awesome MakerDAO.
- MIPs Related:
- Co-authored MIP24: Emergency Voting System
- Alternate with Charles to produce the weekly MIPs Update.
- Other relevant work before joining the Foundation:
Experience prior to Maker
- Operations Manager @ Vitozon, an Ecommerce startup, for 2 years.
- Administrative Officer @ Baruch College for the MA Arts Administration program, for 2 years.
Degrees and Certifications
- BA Corporate Communications, Baruch College