MIP4c2-SP4: MIP12 Amendments
MIP4c2-SP#: 4 MIP to be Amended: MIP12 Author(s): Charles St.Louis (@CPSTL), Rune Christensen (@Rune23) Contributors: Status: Request for Comments (RFC) Date of Amendment Submission: 2020-05-28 Date of ratification: <yyyy-mm-dd>
This amendment MIP proposes a change to MIP12 to allow the collateral onboarding process to operate more efficiently. More specifically, it states that collateral onboarding can continue to operate despite not having an official General Risk Model ratified through the MIP11 process.
This amendment MIP specifically impacts MIP12 subproposals. The update will allow MIP12 subproposals to be proposed to the governance cycle without needing a General Risk Model officially ratified in order for risk domain teams to provide risk constructs for the greenlit collateral assets.
- Updated to reflect all of the domain teams involved in the collateral onboarding process.
- Add minor phrasing updates to the MIP12c1 summary to improve clarity surrounding the Domain team requirements for onboarding collateral to the Maker Protocol.
- Add minor phrasing updates to make the language used across the Collateral Onboarding MIPs Set to be more consistent.
- Clarify that the MIP12 subproposal process is reserved for domain teams to propose new risk parameters, oracles, and adaptors for a new, or existing collateral type.
MIP12c1: Domain Team Requirements for Onboarding Collateral Type to the Maker Protocol
- Add minor phrasing updates to the domain team descriptions to further explain the domain team requirements for collateral onboarding.
MIP12c2: Proposing New Risk Parameters, Oracles, and Collateral Adapters
- Add minor phrasing updates to reflect that the MIP12 subproposal process is reserved for domain teams.
- Update the descriptions of the three deliverables required when proposing new risk parameters, oracles, and collateral Adapters for collateral types. More specifically, changing the risk team’s requirements to allow MIP12 subproposals to be proposed to the governance cycle without needing a General Risk Model officially ratified in order to provide risk constructs for collateral assets (note that this holds true until a second, non-Foundation domain risk team has been ratified through the MIP7 process).
MIP12c3: Collateral Type Checklist for Governance Approval
- Add minor formatting updates.
Amendment Pull Request (PR)