MIP7c3-SP1: Domain Team Onboarding (Smart Contracts Domain Team)
MIP7c3-SP#: 1 Author: Mariano Conti Contributors: n/a Status: Conception Date Applied: 2020-04-22 Date Ratified: <yyyy-mm-dd> --- Domain Role: Smart Contract Domain Team Proposed Applicant: Mariano Conti
Domain Team Introduction
- The Maker Foundation Smart Contracts Team has been working for the betterment of the Maker Protocol, starting with Single-Collateral Dai and continuing to this day with Multi-Collateral Dai.
- A Smart Contracts domain team is needed in order to help maintain the Maker Protocol. Additionally, a Smart Contracts domain team is needed to get collateral types onboarded to the Protocol, specifically to build and approve collateral type adapters as well as deploy the other necessary smart contracts. This includes the medianizer and oracle security module (OSM). Also, the Smart Contracts domain team is required to create the executive vote code and provide the technical risk assessments for the required smart contracts.
- As the Ethereum blockchain continues to improve and change via EIPs and hard forks, the Smart Contracts domain team will monitor these changes to make sure the Maker Protocol can continue to function correctly, proposing and making changes to it should they be needed.
- Should MIPs be voted in that would change the functionality of the Maker Protocol in any way that requires changes to the underlying smart contracts, the Smart Contracts domain team would be tasked with building, testing and deploying this new functionality.
- Head of Smart Contracts for the Maker Foundation for the last 18 months
- 3.5+ years at Maker
- Helped launch Single-Collateral Dai and Multi-Collateral Dai
- Work Experience