MIP7c3-SP#: 6 Author(s): Sam MacPherson (@hexonaut) Contributors: Status: Formal Submission (FS) Date Applied: 2020-12-08 Date Ratified: <yyyy-mm-dd> --- Domain Role: Smart Contracts Domain Team Facilitator Proposed Applicant: Sam MacPherson
Domain Team Introduction
- The Smart Contract Domain team has been working on implementing updates to the protocol, onboarding new collateral types, and writing spells to adjust governance approved risk params.
The DAO does not have a mandated Smart Contracts Facilitator, and as such we are currently reliant on the Maker Foundation for support. I believe it is in the interest of the protocol to have an autonomous Smart Contracts team outside of the Foundation.
I believe I can fill this role as I have more or less been doing this with the organization of the PSM, DssGovRewards and other community-led projects.
- MakerDAO Smart Contracts dev since August 2020
- 17 years software engineering experience
- CTO of Bellwood Studios Inc - a game development company
- Experience with web, games and broadcast television software