As mentioned during yesterday’s Governance and Risk Call we will not be putting up a new Executive Proposal today. While this is the second time in a row that we have opted for biweekly Executives, we have not committed to that being our new schedule.
This week we did not have anything from previous polls or an urgent need of posting, with a decent amount of expected content slated to be ready by next Friday. While this was the reason we did not set up a new vote, it’s probably worth noting that the previous executive has not passed yet and at the time of writing is sitting under 14k MKR.
As for the other part of this post, I would like to ask the community for some feedback on the communication of these executive cancelations. Typically we have not announced our intentions until after confirming during the weekly Governance and Risk call on Thursdays. There are a few practical reasons for this, and some risks associated with announcing earlier.
However, in the spirit of transparency and our commitment to serving the community, I would like to detail our considerations here and then ask the community if they feel the timing of these announcements should change.
- Gives time for urgent situations or missed material to come to the Mandated Actors’ attention.
- Allows for a potential live discussion on the Governance and Risk call.
- Could prevent some amount of voter apathy (voters not taking action due to perceived lack of urgency).
- Gives time to contact relevant stakeholders to confirm a potential week-long delay will not cause problems.
- Voters may not see the post/hear the announcement until after they go looking for the Executive.
- Could give the appearance of favoritism toward Executives that have longer to pass.
- A select group (Mandated Actors and anyone they need to contact) has access to the information before the community at large.
- If something important is missed by the Mandated Actors there is little turnaround time to spin up an executive.