In September of 2019, the Maker Foundation published a blog post introducing the Oracle V2 architecture that would launch alongside Multi-Collateral Dai, and nominating a series of governance proposals.
- Oracle Team Mandate Proposal
- DeFi Public Feed Proposal
- Oracle Incentives Restructuring Proposal
- Responsible Oracle Migration Proposal
As a result of these proposals, MKR Governance gained several new capabilities, among these:
- Launch Oracles for new assets (even if those assets aren’t collateral types in the Maker Protocol).
- Regulate who can access the Oracle prices through a whitelist.
- Setting an Oracle Fee, the proceeds of which go to MKR token holders.
The Oracle Team, in accordance with its responsibilities outlined in the Oracle Team Mandate, is proposing appending Set Protocol to the ETHUSD Oracle whitelist.
Oracle Type: ETHUSD
Customer: Set Protocol
0x97C3e595e8f80169266B5534e4d7A1bB58BB45ab (Set Protocol)
Date of Proposed Inclusion: 2020-04-17
Fee: In accordance with the Responsible Oracle Migration Proposal, fees are waived for the first year and determined by MKR Governance after that.
- Reviewed Set Protocol contracts and verified Oracle price access is permissioned.
- Created spell to whitelist Set Protocol contract (WIP).