Hey everyone Community Development will be involved in a privacy-focused virtual hackathon. Edited:
Thanks for everyone’s ideas!
The Gitcoin Privacy Hackathon is LIVE! We’re looking for proof of concepts for privacy in two tracks: Governance & Voting and Payments. 8,000 Dai up for prizes. Tons of ideas and use cases to get you started:
- Some ideas from Privacy in Payments (More in the link):
- How to transfer Dai from the protocol in such a way that it goes to its intended recipient, but where others are not able to see the eventual destination address.
- Ability to generate “clean addresses”: a simple way for users to send funds to a new address without revealing their assets or past purchasing history.
- Some ideas for Privacy in Governance & Voting (More in the link):
- Tooling for the darkspell mechanism described in MIP15: Dark Spell Mechanism. How do you share information and manage ownership with community actors without compromising the security and trust of the protocol?
- A way to provably stake MKR on an outcome, a specific smart contract construct, a MIP, etc, without publicly revealing the address of the staker.