As some of you may have noticed, we did not end up putting up an new executive vote on the governance portal last Friday (2021-05-21) or the weekend following. The reasons for this are as follows:
- The previous weeks (2021-05-14) executive vote had not passed on Friday at the point we would normally put up the next executive.
- The previous weeks (2021-05-14) executive vote was required in order to pass the executive that was planned for 2021-05-21.
- The previous weeks (2021-05-14) executive vote ended up passing on Sunday.
- We had the monthly MIPs executive for May planned for 2021-05-24.
- We did not think that we could pass both executives given the constricted timescale.
The plan going forward is as follows:
- Have the monthly MIPs executive for May as planned today (2021-05-24)
- Move last weeks executive (2021-05-21) to next Friday (2021-05-28).
- Possibly add additional content to the executive on Friday (2021-05-28). This might be urgent content in the form of PSM or
tipchanges, or might be regularly scheduled content.
After discussing with @Risk-Core-Unit and @Protocol-Engineering we decided not to bundle any urgent changes with the monthly MIPs executive for May. The main reason for this is that we don’t want to risk it not passing due to urgent changes. The monthly executive includes a couple of changes that are pretty important, namely:
- The SES budget distribution
- MIP51, which will help prevent this situation in the future (at least mitigates it.)
If necessary we may consider an urgent executive midweek, depending on market activity and PSM usage.
Thanks all, and apologies for not posting something sooner.