Returning ERC20 tokens accidentally sent to the DAI contract

Hello everyone,

I don’t know if it’s the right place for it, but I’m taking a chance. Despite several years of daily use of ERC20 tokens, I unfortunately managed to make a mistake and send some ERC20 tokens to the DAI contract instead on another wallet. Here is the DAI contract address : 0x6B175474E89094C44Da98b954EedeAC495271d0F
Could you please tell me if there is a way to get those ERC20 tokens back? Maybe using the read & write features of Etherscan?
I am very sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate any help.

Best,

Sorry to hear that but there’s no way to retrieve it from Dai contract address.

If I can sent you screenshot/printscreens of my history balance and prove that it was me that sent to wrong address. Is there any way to claim a (complete / partial) refund ?

Sorry to hear that but reading from previous posts it seems no way to retrieve.

On another note, can I know how come quite a few users have sent to the DAI contract? I haven’t interacted much with it, so I would like to avoid if possible. I have seen from the forum quite a few cases already. How to avoid this error in the future?

for me it was just something stupid
I went to send dai to coinbase
But i didnt see dai in my list of tokens, so i went to etherscan and copied the contract addy
I come back to metamask and scrolled down and wait, i see my dai tokens there now and i didnt have to add token… i simply forgot to go back to coinbase and get my address to send to again
i just proceeded as planned and sent dai - but to now the contract addy bc i had copied the address to add token.

doesn’t take a stoner to make a stoner move
or
Even monkey fall from tree

I see no reason why governance would not at some point in the future vote to issue Dai to replace and send back to those who sent Dai to the contract address by mistake. Any fees incurred could be subtracted equally from the total Dai in the contract and then we simply deduct the transaction cost and send it all back to these people!

i hope so…and there has been talk about it…but doesnt sound like it would happen any time soon

but i agree

heres the thread i started and basically asked that very same question