Name: Tim Schuppener
Email: [email protected]
Meet Your Delegate Video: Meet Your Delegate | Ep. 5 Ft. UltraSchuppi - YouTube
If I could just write a nice write up about Core Values and Principles and what not, that would be great - right?
Instead I will just give you some data on how I have voted.
I am running one of the older shadow delegate contracts, you can see my voting behaviour here. My voting behaviour since 2019-11 can be seen here. Maybe I can find my old voting contract for the time before but I doubt this is of any interest.
Just a couple of points I explicitly want to point out:
Despite already being considered as a blue chip in the DeFi-ecosystem, I believe we are still super early in the game and we should absolutely focus on growing our footprint instead of being profitable.
We are far away from being decentralized. That’s okay. Just to give you some idea how I feel where we should go to
- Multiple Core Units caring about the same domain is desirable. Just having one Growth CU is not where we should be on the long run, same for CUs doing engineering (we are a lot better already here, but also far from perfect)
- We need a lot more collateral types. We already overdid this with crypoassets (onboarded collateral which was just not worth the effort/cost), but I think there are a lot of RWA we can onboard on the on the long run
- There has been some talking about SEC-compliance and other US-focused regulatory stuff. I am totally not saying that is bad, but I am missing the notion of Maker being a trans-national thing. Being a European citizen, I might add a bit of geo-decentralization to the list of recognized delegates.
- Delegation helped us a lot on letting execs pass. But it also revealed that a single delegate/whale can flip any vote. We need more voter participation and for that most probably a lot more delegates to make this happen.
I am usually trusting in people, and not caring a lot about KPIs. I know that this is bad, but it worked well enough for me. I think we do need some standardized way on how we go with accounting, budgets and all of that. Probably not urgent now, but if we don’t prepare it will be too late at some point and everything will be a total mess. We already see traces here.
I already gave some background about myself in the Facilitator Onboarding post for the failed MakerLabs Core Unit. Some additional points relevant here
- I am not a professional delegate, I am just someone who has been voted for >2 years in every single poll and exec and will continue doing that. I am not doing this here for the money, I do it because I believe in this project and think that participating in governance with your MKR is not optional. I am voting anyway and the additional effort of explaining my reasons is not that much.
- I hope we are going to see a lot more professional delegates mid-term (and for that a competitive compensation is most probably needed), but in the current situation I want to encourage amateurs like me to step up and offer their service.
- It is not only Defi and Maker being early, it is also delegation. I am a bit surprised and disappointed that we ran into the topic of “how much do we need to pay our delegates” just weeks after delegation has started. I put a big NO on the currently running SR for increasing the max Delegate Compensation.
- While the drunk whale was still around, I was already poking him every week giving him an update on the current polls, helping on his decision making and luring him into helping to pass the exec. By that time he was already asking for being able to just delegate his voting power. At this time the idea was born to do that myself. I ditched it in favor of trying the MakerLabs path - so this is totally not an idea that came up recently.
As a rule of thumb: I will vote in favor for every exec that gets promoted on chain by the Governance Facilitators that does not feel dangerous to the protocol even if that exec contains changes that I voted against in the previous onchain poll. If you don’t want your MKR to be used for polls but want to help getting execs done asap, you can delegate to my 2nd delegate contract which I will use only for supporting execs and not for voting on polls.
I hold a bit of YFI, AAVE, COMP, ENS but not to the same degree I hold MKR. Aside from being a ENS-Delegate, I am currently not participating in any other DAO and do not plan to do that.
I have read and agree to the Delegate Code of Conduct.
By delegating to me, you acknowledge and agree that I participate on a best efforts basis and will not be liable for any form of damages related to my participation in the Maker Protocol or MakerDAO.
- 2021-11-07T23:00:00Z: added ENS-Delegation to conflicts of Interest
- 2021-12-12T23:00:00Z: changed ENS name for delegate contract, added twitter, removed RocketChat, added Meet your delegate-link