[Signal Request] Adjust ETH-A DC-IAM-line (2021-05)


The appetite for ETH-A hasn’t slowed down, the current exec raising the line to 2.5B is most probably executed after we hit it.


We should prepare for the next increase right now, as the procedure currently takes ~4 weeks before a change is getting into effect (~2 weeks for the signal, 1 week for the onchain poll, another week of waiting for the executive to get into effect).

Additionally, there is a poll running ending this week about raising the gap which might end up in even more DAI-per-DAI from ETH-A.

We already did quite a substantial raise in the last signal, this time I would like to also present an option that maybe does not seem irrational given we are not deciding for a DC, but for a line - going on a really high value so we don’t need to raise the ceiling for the sixth time within two months.

Changing the line for ETH-A


  • more fees collected
  • more DAI in circulation
  • if we go with a really high line, we might not need to poll that often for increases → decreasing the risk on hitting the ceiling


  • we raised the SF for ETH-A already twice this year (another increase going to an onchain poll today). If the appetite for ETH-A is not slowing down, we will end up in even higher SFs

Please vote for all options you would support in an onchain poll

  • 15 B (+12500 MM)
  • 10 B (+7500 MM)
  • 5 B (+2500 MM)
  • 3.5 B (+1000 MM)
  • 2.5 B (no change)
  • Abstain

0 voters

Next Steps

The Poll will run until 2021-03-11T14:00:00Z; its outcome will either result in a on-chain-poll assuming the outcome of the poll deems it necessary or its intermediate results are going to be taken to another initiative - another signal, onchain-poll or urgency executive.


I support a huge line, does not really matter if it is 10B or 15B.

DAI-from-ETH is still super popular - we can go crazy on the SF for ETH-A - but just capping it like we did with ETH-B is not an option.

We are doomed to grow at this point.

If ETH-C is a success a huge line is still not a bad thing. This is why we set up DC-IAM in the first place: to avoid micro governance.


THIS !! Wonderful problem!

1 Like

thanks everybody for voting on this signal request, poll is prepared and will get onchain on 2021-03-14T23:00:00Z


onchain poll is live since yesterday and will run untll 2021-03-18T16:00:00Z - please participate


next update: spell got scheduled and will get executed on 2021-03-24T13:07:00Z - we are going to have a new line of 15 Billion DAI for ETH-A.

I guess this will be the last SR for adjusting the ETH-A line for a while. Thanks everybody for participating and for not beeing too fed up my all my SR on that topic :slight_smile: