With fees finally accumulating, the auction surplus buffer (system surplus) is quickly (nice!) approaching the point where FLAP auctions will begin to occur. Therefore I would like to gather signal from the community as to whether they would like to increase the auction surplus buffer, hold off and allow FLAP auctions to occur, or a combination of both.
Pros of increasing buffer
- More resources to spend on domain teams, treasury, system insurance, and other expenses.
Pros of allowing FLAP auctions
- MKR burn will increase MKR price
- Possibly boost morale for MKR holders having to endure since Black Thursday
If you have other pros please add in the discussion below.
Should we increase the Auction Surplus Buffer?
- Yes, before FLAP auctions occur
- Yes, after some FLAP auctions occur
If either "Yes" wins
- Increase Surplus to 3 Million
- Increase Surplus to 4 Million
- Increase Surplus to 5 Million
If "Yes, after some FLAP auctions occur"
- After 1 week of FLAP auctions
- After 2 weeks of FLAP auctions
- After 3 weeks of FLAP auctions
- After 1 month of FLAP auctions
- After more than 1 month of FLAP auctions
Polling will run until 2020-10-05T04:00:00Z or 40 participants have chosen a clear winner.
If a “Yes” is chosen, a pull request will be created to be added to on chain governance on Monday, October 12, 2020 and if passed, will proceed to an executive on October 16th, 2020 to be implemented.
If clear consensus is reached before Thursday, October 2nd, a pull request can be implemented to go on chain for Monday, October 5th instead.