[Signal Request] Protocol Treasury Meme

Hello voters and lurkers.

As many know, there was an informal poll regarding the 84k MKR received from the foundation, and we currently have a signal request to send them to the burner. While MakerDAO having mint/burn capabilities over MKR may make the “Protocol Treasury” (as it is called on daistats.com) economically meaningless, there can be little doubt it is psychologically significant.

I therefore wish to propose that MakerDAO create a highly memetic “Protocol Treasury” hoard by burning MKR from or minting MKR to the treasury to achieve the most infectious meme.

Pros

• Removes the cognitive overhead of having such a boring Protocol Treasury value
  • Possibly good PR for MakerDAO

Cons

• Engineering time to craft the spell
  • Some people could find the meme distasteful
  • Likely additional cost to commission accompanying artwork

Please indicate which numbers you think would be most virulently memorable. I have included only numbers which will keep the total supply of MKR, including the treasury, under the very nice and memorable “1 million”.

Favorite Treasury Meme Number
  • 36666 (ape yearn)
  • 36667 (surpass yearn)
  • 84000.1 (no change)
  • Abstain

0 voters

Final Results: 75% of votes were Abstain or No Change. Therefore, signal has been closed and no further action will be taken.

3 Likes

I have mixed feelings about this idea. On one hand, it’s cute. On the other hand, I wouldn’t want it to divert peoples’ attention from doing real work.

7 Likes

Hey @Spidomo, it doesn’t look like this is going to get much traction at this point, but as a general rule, signal requests have a set of next steps / timelines at the bottom so everyone understands what to expect from the governance process.

Could you add that here, or consider closing the signal given the scattered vote participation thus far?

Final Results:

75% of votes were Abstain or No Change. Therefore, signal has been closed and no further action will be taken.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.