The purpose of this signal is to disincentivise large MKR Holders from providing MKR Liquidity on Lending Platforms and AMM Platforms until such a time as the Maker Governance contracts can be replaced with versions that cannot be attacked using flash loans.
- Hopefully disincentivises MKR Holders from providing liquidity that could be used for flash loans and used to attack the Maker Protocol.
- It may encourage Maker Holders to vote, and become more aware of the risks that come along with providing MKR liquidity to the wider ecosystem.
- This may reduce MKR Liquidity in the wider ecosystem, making MKR trades harder to execute.
- Reduced liquidity will make it harder for keepers to acquire MKR for FLAP and FLOP auctions.
- This has the potential to frustrate or annoy MKR Holders that are currently providing liquidity.
- This has the potential to drive MKR Holders that are providing MKR Liquidity away from the Maker Protocol.
The title is a simplification of the below statement. Please vote according to that statement and not the title of this thread.
Statement + poll follows:
- Yes, I agree with the above statement.
- No, I disagree with the above statement.
- I believe that the above statement should be rephrased and will suggest an alternative below.
This poll will remain open for at least 7 days (2020-11-04T16:00:00Z). After that time, it will either be extended or closed depending on participation.
If someone provides valid and critical feedback about the statement as currently formatted, I may restart the poll with the new statement.