As I shared previously on one of the other delegate compensation threads, I think the best path forward with Recognised Delegate compensation is to run a 3 month trial period according to the system proposed by @psychonaut in MIP61.
- It gets compensation into the hands of Recognised Delegates sooner than waiting for the monthly governance process.
- It allows us to adjust the system over the three months as necessary to attract and compensate delegates.
- If it fails in a corruptive way (attracting low-quality delegates solely interested in compensation,) we can allow it to lapse after 3 months.
- Blurs the line between governance processes.
- Doesn’t give Recognised Delegates much stability with respect to future compensation.
Assuming this signal request and subsequent on-chain poll pass, compensation will cover November - February.
This signal poll will end on 2021-10-21T00:00:00Z, at which point if there are more ‘Yes’ votes than ‘No’ votes, it will move to an on-chain poll.