SourceCred distribution for week ending Jan 31st, 2021

The weekly SourceCred payouts are here! A hosted instance of SourceCred running on the Maker forum can be found here.

For details on opting in, see Opting in to Sourcecred/Wth is SourceCred?.

Announcements

:warning: WARNING: :warning: Cred scores and payouts may see volatility in the coming weeks and months as we tweak the algorithm and payout parameters. We still have a lot of work to do before the system is optimized enough to “ossify”, producing predictable payouts.

Payouts

This week $5,000 worth of DAI was distributed to 65 contributors. Navigate to the DAI Accounts tab of the Maker instance to see your current DAI balance and total DAI earned.

Cred Stats

Below is a chart showing total Cred created (a proxy for work).

Top Contributions

Below are the top 10 posts created last week, ranked by Cred generated.

Top Contributors

Below are the top 10 contributors last week, ranked by Cred generated.

Cred Contributor
219.6 ultraschuppi
191.6 SebVentures
147 Primoz
143.4 juanjuan
130.7 hexonaut
121.7 iammeeoh
113.4 monet-supply
85 prose11
82.9 alexis
76.9 g-dip

If you have any questions or concerns about the scores, data or presentation thereof, please don’t hesitate to ask!

4 Likes

Great work @s_ben. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have a request that I made in the past. It is by no means urgent nor necessary. But let me re-state it just in case the time is now more ‘mature’ to implement it :muscle:

Request: can we have weekly on-chain payments (basically synched with your forum posts) rather than monthly ones?

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this question up @iammeeoh. There are a few ways to approach this:

SourceCred instances

So SourceCred is working on automated payouts in instances generally. The will require a robust identity management system based on a native identity/address store. We working on this now, but the devs tell me it’s a big job, and may be several months away from completion.

Manual distribution

One can always manually distribute on-chain weekly rather than monthly. We haven’t done this so far, because a) we’re still getting paid monthly by Maker, b) our internal process is still fairly manual and cumbersome, and c) gas prices.

Streaming payments

Per the SourceCred Funding MIP, the goal is to pay contributors directly from the protocol. It would be amazing to have streaming payments via the Keg (:wave: @prose11). Theoretically, SourceCred could submit weekly requests to the keg module, updating the flight (list of addresses) and rate (amount distributed). Gas is then no longer SourceCred’s problem, as contributors pay gas themselves when they withdrawal their DAI to their wallet. I’ve been hesitant to engage with this process, as I know Maker governance is very busy getting the first basic Core Units online, and that process may change in flight as kinks are worked out. But any ideas here are welcome!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.