SourceCred distribution for week ending March 28th, 2021

The weekly SourceCred payouts are here! A hosted instance of SourceCred running on the Maker forum can be found here.

For details on opting in, see Opting in to Sourcecred/Wth is SourceCred?.

Announcements

Got opinions about SourceCred? We’ll pay you for them! The SourceCred project is looking for user feedback to help improve our product; specifically a new feature we’re working on called The Creditor, which will allow the creation of arbitrary contributions in the graph. We’re looking for users who would be willing to participate in a ~30 minute screen-sharing/recorded video call. We’re aiming for 3 participants, who we can offer a $25 gift voucher or Cred in SourceCred. If interested, please contact [email protected] for details.

:warning: WARNING: :warning: Cred scores and payouts may see volatility in the coming weeks and months as we tweak the algorithm and payout parameters. We still have a lot of work to do before the system is optimized enough to “ossify”, producing predictable payouts. Hint: it may be changing soon;)

Payouts

This week $5,000 worth of DAI was distributed to 80 contributors. Navigate to the DAI Accounts tab of the Maker instance to see your current DAI balance and total DAI earned.

Cred Stats

Below is a chart showing total Cred created (a proxy for work).

Top Contributions

Below are the top 10 posts created last week, ranked by Cred generated.

Top Contributors

Below are the top 10 contributors last week, ranked by Cred generated.

Cred Contributor
244.5 iammeeoh
177 juanjuan
159.7 amyjung
128.7 SebVentures
124.2 Aaron-Bartsch
122.5 ultraschuppi
117.4 inkymaze
116.5 LongForWisdom
112.6 ElProgreso
90.5 Primoz

If you have any questions or concerns about the scores, data or presentation thereof, please don’t hesitate to ask!

1 Like

Would it make sense to remove the facilitators from those reports? They take half of the top 10. They don’t participate in the SourceCred rewards so I think it would be semantically correct.

That would put more emphasis on the community contributors.

5 Likes

@iammeeoh is on fire this week :smiley:

2 Likes

I am not sure what heppend? LOL this is a bit scary.
Perhaps I should take a liiiiitle break from this :rofl:

5 Likes

I would say no…in my sementic understanding (and in the algorithm), there is a clear distinction between Cred and DAI. Cred is a measure of value created, whereas DAI is a measure of rewards. I think if you remove the facilitators from these lists, it would give and incomplete picture of the value created (the general purpose), perhaps a misleading one. Open to pushback though if other people felt the same. We could just say, 'here are the highest non-facilitator earners this week…", or something like that.

2 Likes

3 Likes