The Forum theme is being updated to match the style guide, and I am seeking additional input from the community. (Technical setup at the end of post)
Create a topic
There’s two pieces of feedback still in the works as they are deeper changes, and I’ll update this thread when those revisions are complete.
- Wrap the topic link around the entire list item in the topic list
- Move the avatar on the single post to within the post body
Request for feedback
Is having the category list side-by-side with the latest posts on the landing page the desired layout?
- categories list split with latest posts
- categories list and latest posts separate
- something else
Would love to hear any other thoughts you might have or feel free to open an issue on the repo. Thanks
There’s a series of plug-ins that can be used to enhance the theme even more that haven’t been added directly to this iteration. They can be included in a future iteration, but have been excluded in this scope:
- Trust Level on Avatars - indicates admin assigned trust level on avatars
- Custom links in menu - dai and voting portal, makerdao.com, etc from menu
- Switcher Component - allow users to select their theme
- Alternative Logo - alternative logo for dark theme
- Footer - additional links to lower priority resources
- Formatting toolbar - Expands post/reply formatting options
- Category banners - Add banners to enrich category post lists
- Author Badges - Allows badges to be displayed beside a posters name
- Mute Thread button - Adds a quick button to unsubscribe from threads
- Linkify words in post - Makes designated words in posts automatic links (to resources, etc.)
- Change the Like icon - Can change the ‘like’ to any other font-awesome glyph e.g.
If you’re technically inclined and would like the full experience, the setup for testing is fairly straightforward:
- Create account on Discourse Theme Creator
- Clone working repo - LFW MakerDAO Discourse Theme (pending pull) | Feedback update
- Install Discourse CLI - Meta Thread
On Mac, if you have Ruby 2.2+ (default on
$ gem install discourse_theme
- From the cloned theme directory:
$ discourse_theme watch .