We currently have an issue in that the communication between the Maker community and MKR Holders is difficult due to the lack of an easily usable functionality to signal how much MKR a certain forum account controls. We would like to explore the possibility of doing this using the official forum.
At the very least, the plugin should:
- Allow users to optionally link an Ethereum address to which they control the private keys to their forum account.
- Allow users to unlink an address.
- Handle the fact that the MKR may not be present in the owned address and may exist in DSChief (the core voting contract)
- Optionally display the MKR controlled by this wallet in a prominent fashion on a users posts. This might be on a per-post basis, or an a per-account basis.
- Be as safe, secure and private as possible for users of this feature.
- Does this MKR need to be staked in order to signal?
- Do we want to use the DSChiefs IOU tokens in some way?
- Do we want to go the whole distance and allow on-chain polls to be created and voted in using the forum?