We are looking for someone to assist with the Governance Facilitator role on a regular basis. As the community has grown over the past few months, it has become clear that we could benefit from having someone to assist with the medium to long-term aspects of the Facilitator Mandate.
Duties would include writing governance documentation, creating MIPs and pursuing initiatives that improve the efficiency and integrity of the MakerDAO Governance process. The work can be as self-directed as desired.
The work will require close communication with the current Governance Facilitators.
Looking longer term, we feel that this role would serve as a good stepping stone into the role of Governance Facilitator.
- Have a basic understanding of the role of the Governance Facilitators.
- Have a basic understanding of the MIPs Process.
- Care passionately about the Maker Governance process.
- Appreciate good work for its own sake.
- Be able to dedicate at least 8 hours a week to the role.
- Be able to explain why they are the right person for the role.
- Be able to demonstrate general competence.
- Be comfortable taking initiative and self-directing.
- Be comfortable having and expressing opinions.
- Be comfortable changing opinions in the face of evidence.
If you feel that you are interested and capable of the role, please reach out to @LongForWisdom on the MakerDAO Rocketchat.
This is an on-going informal role, not a permanent employment with the Maker Foundation. You will be paid in Dai provided through the Maker Foundation Grants Program.