Week 19 DAI Distributions - SourceCred trial

The 19th week of SourceCred trial payouts are here! On-chain payouts for Sept have been sent out. If you have opted in and not received your payout, please DM @sourcecred-trial-adm.

Also, a reminder that payouts are now only going to those that have opted in to the trial. For details on opting in, see Opting in to Sourcecred/Wth is SourceCred?.

A hosted instance of SourceCred running on the Maker forum can be found here. Check out the new and improved Cred instrospection (see where your Cred came from) in the UI!

Payouts

This week $2,500 worth of DAI was distributed based on Cred scores. Navigate to the DAI Accounts tab of the Maker instance to see your current DAI balance and total DAI earned. Below are the top contributors by DAI earned.

Top Contributions

Below are the top 10 posts created last week, ranked by Cred generated.

Top Contributors

Below are the top 10 contributors last week, ranked by Cred generated.

Cred Contributor
218.4 LongForWisdom
184.5 cmooney
133.3 Primoz
106 mrabino1
102.6 Aaron-Bartsch
89.5 monet-supply
82.4 hexonaut
69.7 iammeeoh
64.2 SebVentures
56.6 Jtathmann

Below is a chart of the top Cred earners over the last eight weeks.

More on SourceCred :point_down:

Below are resources that provide more information on the SourceCred algorithm:

If you have any questions or concerns about the scores, data or presentation thereof, please don’t hesitate to ask!

4 Likes

This is a cool way of rewarding governance, yet the engagement of the community is still lackluster.

I agree! Curious why you think engagement is lackluster @ejbarraza. Since the SourceCred trial, engagement is measurably up, as we detailed in a recent report on the trial so far. What is your point of reference?

1 Like

Maybe because I am accustomed to the engagement level of Yearn when I see many posts with a single reply or no reply at all it makes me wonder what is wrong. MakerDAO is certainly one of the most used DeFi apps so why the lack of interest in its governance? Maybe I’m comparing Apples to Oranges since Yearn is very new and Maker has been around for many years.

Not that familiar with Yearn, but yeah, it has that new hotness, mooning token. Hard to compete with that on engagement. Though all projects mature (assuming they survive), and then need sustainable incentives to engage participants. I’d like to think SourceCred is good at that. Paying people for the value they create is a novel experience for most :slight_smile:

@s_ben I believe @ejbarraza was referring to on-chain polling and executive voting–but yes, also lack of participation/excitement like YFI.

I think it boils down to the Ethereum community not knowing that MakerDAO will incentivize ETH heads/& others, if they help shape the future of Maker. Hence, I’m not sure many know that SourceCred is available, or that All are incentivize to help grow and build the future of Maker–of course, IMO.

But all-in-all I am thankful that Maker has implemented SourceCred–as stated, it is super duper awesome.

3 Likes

Feeling is mutual! The Maker community has been awesome and we hope to continue working with the DAO.

2 Likes