Last Week’s Activity (August 31-September 4)
- There were no polls or votes that happened last week related to a Monthly Governance Cycle.
- Announced September’s Governance cycle is set to begin on September 7.
- Weekly MIPs Update on the Thursday Governance and Risk Call.
This Week’s Activity (September 7 - September 11)
- September’s Governance Cycle officially began on Monday, September 7.
- The Formal Submission period is September 7 to September 9.
- This period is when MIPs/Subproposals in the RFC phase are proposed to enter the governance cycle.
- The Governance Facilitator will perform the Submission Review on the weekly Governance and Risk call to determine which of the formally submitted MIPs/Subproposals may be put forth for Inclusion Polls on Monday, September 14.
Next Week’s Activity (September 14 - September 18)
- Inclusion Polls for the formally submitted MIPs/SPs will be proposed on Monday, September 14, and will run until September 17 at noon EST.
- During the weekly Governance and Risk Call, the Governance Facilitator will perform the Inclusion Poll Review and confirm which of the proposed MIPs/Subproposals should be included in the Monthly MIPs Governance Poll the following Monday, September 21.
- The PAXUSD and USDT Executive Vote passed on September 5 and is available for execution tomorrow, September 8. Once executed, both collateral types will be added to the Maker Protocol.
- Next month’s planned collaterals types are:
- September’s Collateral Onboarding Community Greenlight Polls will go live on September 21. See the Collateral Status Index for reference.
- The Executive Vote to Whitelist yEarn Finance on ETH/USD Oracle passed last Thursday.
- The Executive Vote to add Argent as a Light Feed passed on September 5 and is available for execution on Septemeber 8.
- The tBTC Oracle Whitelisting Polling Vote will go out tomorrow, September 8.
Maker Protocol Updates
Proposals in the Conception Phase
MIP21: Real World Assets - Off-Chain Asset Backed Lender
- In short, this proposal defines a MakerDAO Module implementation for DAI borrowing with Real World Asset Backed Lenders.
MIP22: Centrifuge Direct Liquidation Module
- In short, this proposal provides a vault liquidation mechanism for Tinlake based short-term loan collateral that entails letting a portfolio of said short term assets mature or refinance them off-chain and using loan repayments to settle the Vault balance.
- MIP13c3-SP5: Declaration of Intent: Maker to commence onboarding work of Centrifuge based Collateral
MIP13c3-SP4 Declaration of Intent & Commercial Points - Off-Chain Asset Backed Lender to onboard Real World Assets as Collateral for a DAI loan.
- In short, this proposal defines a plan to diversify away from on-chain crypto assets and bring in uncorrelated “Real World Assets” to Maker (especially collateral that is backed with credit quality).
Proposals in the RFC Phase
MIP23: Domain Structure and Roles (NEW)
- In short, this proposal provides a flexible and consistent structural framework for personnel working for MakerDAO within any domain.
MIP20: Target Price Adjustment Module (Vox)
- This proposal’s feedback period ends at the end of September, making it eligible for inclusion in October’s Governance Cycle.
MIP14: Protocol Dai Transfer
- Jon Athmann joined as a co-author to LongForWisdom. The proposal is actively being worked on and could potentially be resubmitted to September’s Governance Cycle in the authors decided to.
MIP17: Weekly Actual Debt Ceiling Adjustments
- The new version of this proposal is still a work in progress.
MIP13c3-SP3: Declaration of Intent - Strategic reserves fund (SRF)
- RFC ends this governance, making it eligible for inclusion in September’s Gov Cycle.
Proposals in the Formal Submission Phase (so far)
- MIP15: Dark Spell Mechanism
- MIP13c3-SP2: Declaration of Intent - Dai Flash Mint Module
- MIP12c2-SP4: Domain Work Requirements for LRC
New and Ongoing Pre-MIP Discussions:
- New Discussions:
- Active discussions still happening: