Last Week’s Activity (September 28 - October 2)
The Monthly MIPs Executive Vote went live.
The bundled contents of this Vote consisted of 7 proposals:
- MIP12c2-SP4: LRC Collateral Onboarding
- MIP12c2-SP5: COMP Collateral Onboarding
- MIP12c2-SP6: LINK Collateral Onboarding
- MIP7c3-SP3: Domain Team Onboarding (Risk Domain Team)
- MIP7c3-SP4: Domain Team Onboarding (Smart Contract Domain Team)
- MIP13c3-SP2: Declaration of Intent - Dai Flash Mint Module - Discussion
- MIP15: Dark Spell Mechanism
Result: The Monthly MIPs Executive Vote passed on Tuesday and executed on Wednesday! All proposals can now be marked with the
- The Governance Facilitator performed the Governance Cycle Review, summarizing September’s Governance Cycle.
This Week’s Activity (October 5 - 9)
- Next week marks the beginning of October’s Governance Cycle.
- On Monday, the Formal Submission period will run from October 5 to October 7.
- This period is when MIPs/Subproposals in the RFC phase are proposed to enter the governance cycle.
- For all the MIP Authors who have their RFC proposals and have passed the RFC requirements, I encourage you to submit your proposals to October’s Cycle!
- The Governance Facilitator will perform the Submission Review to determine which of the formally submitted MIPs/Subproposals should be put forth for Inclusion Polls on Monday, October 12.
Next Week’s Activity (October 12 - 16)
- Inclusion Polls for the Formally Submitted proposals will be proposed on Monday, October 12, and will run until October 15 at noon EDT.
- As a reminder, for Inclusion Polls to successfully pass, the Yes votes for a given option in the inclusion poll must be higher than the combination of No votes plus the Default Inclusion Threshold (DIT).
- Yes > (No + DIT) = Allows inclusion in the Monthly MIPs Governance Poll.
- The DIT is set to 3000 MKR.
- During the weekly Governance and Risk Call, the Governance Facilitator will perform the Inclusion Poll Review and determine which proposals are eligible for the Monthly MIPs Governance Poll on Monday (October 19).
Collateral Onboarding Updates
- Collaterals assets added from September’s Governance Cycle:
- September’s Collateral Onboarding Community Greenlight Polls (15 polls) are still in progress and end tomorrow on Monday, October 5.
- In consideration for the next cycle of collateral onboarding:
- YFI, BAL, UNI, renBTC, LEND (now AAVE), PAXG, and GUSD.
Collateral Onboarding Process Improvements (Next Steps)
- The signal request that the mandated actors put forward to put these changes in place has passed.
- A governance poll will be published for MKR holders to confirm the Collateral Onboarding process’ change on Monday, October 5.
- If the Governance Poll passes, the new collateral onboarding process will be put in place effective immediately.
Proposals in the Formal Submission Stage (as of today)
- MIP14: Protocol Dai Transfer Update
- MIP21: Real World Assets - Off-Chain Asset Backed Lender
- MIP22: Centrifuge Direct Liquidation Module
- MIP13c3-SP5: Declaration of Intent: Maker to commence onboarding work of Centrifuge based Collateral
- MIP13c3-SP4 Declaration of Intent & Commercial Points - Off-Chain Asset Backed Lender to onboard Real World Assets as Collateral for a DAI loan
- MIP13c3-SP3: Declaration of Intent - Strategic reserves fund (SRF)
Proposals in the Request for Comments (RFC) Stage
- MIP17: Weekly Actual Debt Ceiling Adjustments (November)
- MIP20: Target Price Adjustment Module (Vox) (October)
- MIP23: Domain Structure and Roles (October)
- MIP24: Emergency Response (November)
- MIP25: Flash Mint Module (November)
Note: The dates posted next to the proposals indicate when they can officially be Formally Submitted to a Governance Cycle.
Ongoing Pre-MIP Discussions
- New Discussions:
- Active discussions still happening: