Last Week’s Activity (November 23 - 27)
- Monday marked the start of the final week of November’s Governance Cycle.
- The Monthly MIPs Executive Vote was published (“Approve November 2020 Governance Cycle MIPs Bundle”), officially passed on November 24, and was executed on November 27, 2020.
MIP24: Emergency Voting System has moved to the Accepted status.
- MakerDAO now has a formal procedure when dealing with emergencies and other urgent issues.
MIP25: Flash Mint Module has moved to the Accepted status.
- MakerDAO may now implement (pending technical review by the domain teams) a module that enables any user to execute a flash mint of Dai.
MIP27: Debt Ceiling Instant Access Module has moved to the Accepted status.
- MakerDAO may now implement (pending technical review by the domain teams) a Debt Ceiling Instant Access Module (DC-IAM), which allows any user to adjust the debt ceiling within constraints that are voted on by Governance.
MIP28: Operational Support Domain Definition has moved to the Accepted status.
- MakerDAO now has an official Operational Support Domain.
MIP4c2-SP6: Calendar Exceptions has moved to the Accepted status.
- There will be no Monthly Governance Cycle in December.
MIP13c3-SP6: SourceCred Funding has moved to the Accepted status.
- MakerDAO has expressed intent to fund the use of SourceCred within the Maker Community to incentivize effective Governance of the Maker Protocol.
MIP28c7-SP1: Subproposal for Operational Support Domain Facilitator Onboarding has moved to the Accepted status.
- @Amyjung has been officially onboarded as an Operational Support Facilitator!
- MIP24: Emergency Voting System has moved to the Accepted status.
- There was no Governance and Risk call last week due to holidays.
- Thus, the Governance Facilitator @LongForWisdom will perform the Governance Cycle Review this Thursday (December 3).
This Week’s Activity (November 30 - December 4)
- Due to the recent ratification of November’s Monthly MIPs Executive Vote (Approve November 2020 Governance Cycle MIPs Bundle), the Monthly Governance Cycle will not be occurring for the month of December. For further details about the calendar exception, please see the newly Accepted MIP4c2-SP6: Calendar Exceptions proposal.
- As mentioned above, the Governance Facilitator (@LongForWisdom) will perform the Governance Cycle Review this Thursday (December 3). This includes summarizing November’s Governance Cycle and opening up the floor for feedback and questions from the community discussing any plans for the next Governance Cycle in January.
Collateral Onboarding Updates
- Three Governance Polls for Collateral Onboarding have been published to the voting portal and will end on Thursday, December 3. The Governance Polls are for signaling support for/against adding the following collateral types in a future Executive Vote:
- The Executive Vote to onboard the GUSD collateral type to the Maker Protocol officially passed on November 18 and executed on November 23, 2020.
- The Community Greenlight Polls for November were published on November 16 and ended today (November 30). The Community Greenlight Polls covered [NEXO] and [YFII].
- Results: Both Collateral types were voted to be deferred .
- For more details on the status of Collateral Onboarding, check out the Collateral Prioritization Framework spreadsheet here.
Proposals in the Request for Comments (RFC) Stage:
- MIP17: Weekly Actual Debt Ceiling Adjustments
- MIP26: DssGov - Governance Contract Redesign
- MIP29 - Peg Stability Module
- MIP30: Farmable cUSDC Adapter (CropJoin)
- MIP13c3-SP7: Governance Communications (Declaration of Intent)
- MIP13c3-SP8: Maker Protocol Cover with Nexus Mutual (Declaration of Intent)
- Real estate tokenization protocol: A Pre-MIP Discussion
- PSM based on cDai - different than the actual PSM logic
- Pre-MIP discussion: Incentives to align interests of Maker workers with MKR holder
- Ideas on DAI PEG, USDC-A vault, fees, etc. A basic analysis + suggestions
- MakerDAO Protocol Cover using Nexus Mutual.
- FlapperDistributor: A Way to Distribute System Surplus while Minimizing Governance.
- Liquidations 2.0: Technical Summary.
- Replace the mechanism to burn $MKR with a treasury.