This Week’s Activity (January 04 - January 08)
- Monday marked the beginning of January’s Governance Cycle!
- Formal Submission began on Monday, January 04th, and will end on Wednesday, January 08th.
Formally Submitted Proposals:
- MIP13c3-SP7: Governance Communications (Declaration of Intent)
- MIP7c3-SP5: Domain Team Onboarding (Risk Domain Team)
- MIP7c3-SP6: Domain Team Onboarding (Smart Contracts Domain Team)
- MIP28c7-SP2: Subproposal for Operational Support Domain Facilitator Onboarding(expected for submission)
- MIP13c3-SP8: Maker Protocol Cover with Nexus Mutual (Declaration of Intent)(expected for submission)
- The Governance Facilitator, @LongForWisdom, will perform a Submission Review this Thursday, January 7th. This determines which of the proposed MIPs and Subproposals are in accordance with guidelines defined in the MIP0 Framework and should be included in the inclusion poll.
Next Week’s Activity (January 11 - January 15)
- Inclusion Polls for the four Formally Submitted proposals will be proposed on Monday, January 11th, and will run until January 14th at 4 pm UTC.
- As a reminder, for Inclusion Polls to successfully pass, the Yes votes for a given option in the inclusion poll must be higher than the combination of No votes plus the Default Inclusion Threshold (DIT).
- Yes > (No + DIT) = Allows inclusion in the Monthly MIPs Governance Poll. The DIT is set to 3000 MKR.
- The Governance Facilitator, @LongForWisdom, will perform the Inclusion Poll Review during the weekly Governance and Risk Call and determine which proposals are eligible for the Monthly MIPs Governance Poll happening on Monday, January 18th.
Proposals in the Request for Comments (RFC) Stage:
- MIP26: DssGov - Governance Contract Redesign
MIP31: Active Reserve AMM (dss-ara)
- A technical proposal for an active reserve based on Uniswap V2 contract.
MIP32: Peg Stability Module for Compound Mixed Exposure
- Provides an extension for the PSM. The extension allows the PSM to leverage USDC via dai using cdai. It also convert USDC to cUSDC using the same join adaptor (lending join).
- Throttled Surplus Buffer [PRE-MIP DISCUSSION]
- Launch a grand MKR yield framing program that sends Dai to 100B market cap
- Real estate tokenization protocol: A Pre-MIP Discussion
- Delegation of Authority - PreMIP discussion
- PSM based on cDai - different than the actual PSM logic
- FlapperDistributor: A Way to Distribute System Surplus while Minimizing Governance.
- Liquidations 2.0: Technical Summary.
- Replace the mechanism to burn MKR with a treasury.
- Ideas on DAI PEG, USDC-A vault, fees, etc. A basic analysis + suggestions
- Pre-MIP discussion: Incentives to align interests of Maker workers with MKR holder
Collateral Onboarding Updates
- Awaiting Executive:
- Awaiting Governance Poll:
- This month’s greenlight polls, going live on January 18th:
- Collateral Onboarding Prioritization Framework