Last Week’s Activity (January 12 - 16)
- Inclusion Polls for the Formally Submitted proposals were live on Monday, January 12th, and ended on January 14th at 4 pm UTC.
- The Inclusion Poll Review happened on Thursday’s governance call.
- Only one proposal did not pass the Inclusion Poll, and will not proceed; MIP13c3-SP8: Maker Protocol Cover with Nexus Mutual (Declaration of Intent)
This Week’s Activity (January 18 - January 22)
- Welcome to Week 3 of the January governance cycle.
- A Bundled Governance Poll will be put up for the MIPs and Subproposals that have passed the Inclusion Polls and Inclusion Poll Review of week 2. This bundled poll will run for three days ending on Thursday, Janaury 21st 4pm UTC.
- The Governance Facilitator, @LongForWisdom, will perform a Governance Poll Review this Thursday, January 21st. This reviews the outcome of the MIPs Governance Poll and will confirm which MIPs and Subproposals will be included in the final bundled Executive Vote.
Next Week’s Activity (January 25 - January 29)
- This will be the beginning of week 4, the final week in January’s governance cycle.
- The Monthly MIPs Executive Vote will be published. The vote will be active for four days; if the Executive Vote does not pass before the four-day limit expires, all of the vote’s bundled proposals will effectively be rejected.
- The Governance Facilitator, @LongForWisdom, will perform the Governance Cycle Review during the weekly Governance Call and determine which proposals are eligible for the Monthly MIPs Governance Poll happening on Monday, January 18th.
January’s Formally Submitted Proposals
- MIP13c3-SP7: Governance Communications (Declaration of Intent)
- MIP7c3-SP5: Domain Team Onboarding (Risk Domain Team)
- MIP7c3-SP6: Domain Team Onboarding (Smart Contracts Domain Team)
- MIP28c7-SP2: Subproposal for Operational Support Domain Facilitator Onboarding(expected for submission)
(failed inclusion poll)
MIP13c3-SP8: Maker Protocol Cover with Nexus Mutual (Declaration of Intent)
Proposals in Request for Comments (RFC) Stage:
MIP26: DssGov - Governance Contract Redesign
- This MIP defines DssGov, a contract replacement for DSChief that comes with improved security, usability and functionality for holders of the Maker governance token (MKR).
MIP31: Active Reserve AMM (dss-ara)
- A technical proposal for an active reserve based on Uniswap V2 contract.
MIP32: Peg Stability Module for Compound Mixed Exposure
- Provides an extension for the PSM. The extension allows the PSM to leverage USDC via dai using cdai. It also convert USDC to cUSDC using the same join adaptor (lending join).
MIP34: Keg Streaming Payments Module
- The Keg is a tool for streaming ERC20 DAI to a preset group of addresses from out of the Surplus Buffer.
MIP37: Static Reserve For Governance
- Defines a static reserve which can receive any tokens from anyone as any contract and allows Maker Governance to withdraw them.
MIP13c3-SP9: Onboarding a new collateral type backed by B.Protocol (Declaration of Intent)
- An experiment is proposed for a native integration between B.Protocol and the MakerDAO system, by on-boarding a new collateral type, namely WBTC-B or ETH-C, with lower CR than WBTC-A or ETH-B (respectively), which will be natively backed by a strong commitment from B.Protocol backstop.
- Throttled Surplus Buffer
- Real estate tokenization protocol
- Delegation of Authority
- Liquidations 2.0: Technical Summary.
- Ideas on DAI PEG, USDC-A vault, fees, etc. A basic analysis + suggestions
- Incentives to align interests of Maker workers with MKR holder
Older Discussions that have moved on
FlapperDistributor: A Way to Distribute System Surplus while Minimizing Governance.
- This has evolved to be the MIP34: Keg Module.
PSM based on cDai - different than the actual PSM logic
- This has become MIPs 32, 25, and 36, which are all inviting discussion.
Collateral Onboarding Updates
- Awaiting Executive:
- This month’s greenlight polls, going live on January 18th:
- Collateral Onboarding Prioritization Framework