Last Week’s Activity (January 25 - January 29)
- The Monthly MIPs Executive Vote for January was published.
- Results: The Executive passed on January 28 and was executed on January 30 at 06:51 UTC.
The following MIPs and Subproposals have moved to the Accepted status:
- MIP13c3-SP7: Governance Communications (Declaration of Intent)
- MIP7c3-SP5: Domain Team Onboarding (Risk Domain Team)
- MIP7c3-SP6: Domain Team Onboarding (Smart Contracts Domain Team)
- MIP28c7-SP2: Subproposal for Operational Support Domain Facilitator Onboarding
- The Governance Facilitator (@LongForWisdom) performed the Governance Cycle Review, summarizing January’’s Governance Cycle and opened the floor for discussion about the plans for February’s Governance Cycle.
This Week’s Activity (February 1 - February 5)
- Monday marks the beginning of February’s Governance Cycle!
- The Formal Submission period officially begins on Monday, February 1 and ends February 3 EOD UTC.
- To all the Authors of proposals who have completed their RFC period, please reach out if you have questions about the Formal Submission process.
- The Governance Facilitator (@LongForWisdom) will perform the Submission Review to confirm which of the formally submitted MIPs/Subproposals should be put forth for Inclusion Polls on Monday, February 8.
Proposals in the Conception Stage
MIP44: Reward Join Adapter (
- Proposes a generic vault solution for all tokens with reward.
MIP39c2-SP1: Adding Core Unit (Real-World Finance)
- Proposes a Core Unit to pursue Real-World Asset work and more generally helps MakerDAO to take over the traditional finance world.
MIP40c2-SP1: Modify Core Unit Budget (Real-World Finance)
- Proposes to officially onboard the informal RWA team using the new Core Unit framework
MIP41c4-SP1: Facilitator Onboarding (Real-World Finance)
- Proposes to officially onboard Sébastien Derivaux as a Core Unit Facilitator for RWF.
Proposals in the Request for Comments (RFC) Stage (18!!)
- MIP26: DssGov - Governance Contract Redesign
MIP31: Active Reserve AMM (dss-ara)
- A technical proposal for an active reserve based on Uniswap V2 contract.
MIP32: Peg Stability Module for Compound Mixed Exposure
- Provides an extension for the PSM. The extension allows the PSM to leverage USDC via dai using cdai. It also convert USDC to cUSDC using the same join adaptor (lending join).
MIP33: Maker Stability Price Module
- This proposal allows the governance to defend a MKR price by pre-allocating dai to buy at a pre-defined level.
MIP34: Keg Streaming Payments Module
- This proposal provides a smart contract implementation of a Streaming Payments System for Maker.
MIP35: Peg Stability Module - Compound Mixed Exposure - With Farming
- This proposal defines a new Peg Stability Module which converts USDC to DAI and DAI to USDC.
MIP36: Peg Stability - Compound Governance Dai Leverage
- This proposal defines a Peg stabilizer controlled by governance, which uses the flash minting technique with MIP35 or MIP32 for Dai lending to leverage MakerDAO’s position on cDai.
MIP37: Static Reserve For Governance
- Defines a static reserve which can receive any tokens from anyone as any contract and allow the Governance to withdraw them.
MIP38: DAO Primitives State
- Defines all the state related to Core Units, Budgets and Facilitators.
MIP39: Core Unit Framework
- Defines a framework for managing Core Units and modifying them in the DAO Primitives State MIP.
MIP40: Budget Framework
- Defines a framework for managing budgets and modifying them in the DAO Primitives State MIP.
MIP41: Facilitator Framework
- Defines a framework with subproposal processes for managing Facilitators and modifying them in the DAO Primitives State MIP.
MIP42: Proposed Compensation Addendum for MakerDAO Contributors
- Proposes to pay contributors partially in time-locked MKR to increase value returned to contributors and directly align their interests with those of MakerDAO.
MIP43 - Term Lending Module (TLM)
- Proposes a Maker module to buy and hold tokenized fixed-rate, fixed-term loans to maturity in order to encourage a fixed-rate lending market.
MIP13c3-SP9: Onboarding a new collateral type backed by B.Protocol
- This Declaration of intent asks MakerDAO to consider an experiment for a native integration between B.Protocol and the MakerDAO system, by on-boarding a new collateral type, namely WBTC-B or ETH-C, with lower CR than WBTC-A or ETH-B (respectively), which will be natively backed by a strong commitment from B.Protocol backstop.
MIP4c2-SP10: MIP0 Amendments
- Proposes edits to MIP0 that makes it compatible with the newly proposed Domain Framework MIP set.
MIP4c2-SP11: MIP5 Amendments
- Proposes edits to MIP5 that makes it compatible with the newly proposed Core Unit Operating Model MIP set. The main change included is to the Governance Facilitator Emergency Vote process, which directly deals with onboarding and offboarding Facilitators.
MIP4c2-SP12: MIP16 Amendments
- Proposes edits to MIP16 that makes it compatible with the newly proposed Core Unit Operating Model MIP set. The main change proposed is to clarify the Governance Powers of Facilitators.
- Liquidations 2.0: Technical Summary
- Throttled Surplus Buffer
- Launch a grand MKR yield framing program that sends Dai to 100B market cap
- Real estate tokenization protocol
- Delegation of Authority
Collateral Onboarding Updates
Awaiting an Executive Vote (Next Week):
This month’s Collateral Onboarding Community Greenlight Polls (1 days left to vote!):
Check out the Collateral Onboarding Prioritization Framework for more information about how collateral types are prioritized for onboarding to the Maker Protocol.