Monthly Governance Cycle Updates
- No weekly updates this month as MakerDAO does not have any MIPs or Subproposals going through a governance cycle this month.
Proposals in the Conception Stage:
MIP44: Reward Join Adapter (RewardJoin)
- Proposes a generic vault solution for all tokens with reward.
Proposals in the Request for Comments (RFC) Stage (34!):
MIP26: DssGov - Governance Contract Redesign
- Proposes a contract replacement for DSChief that comes with improved security, usability and functionality for holders of the Maker governance token (MKR).
MIP31: Active Reserve AMM (dss-ara)
- Proposes an active reserve based on Uniswap V2 contract.
MIP32: Peg Stability Module for Compound Mixed Exposure
- Provides an extension for the PSM. The extension allows the PSM to leverage USDC via dai using cdai. It also convert USDC to cUSDC using the same join adaptor (lending join).
MIP33: Maker Stability Price Module
- Proposes a way for Maker governance to defend a MKR price by pre-allocating dai to buy at a pre-defined level.
MIP34: Keg Streaming Payments Module
- Proposes a smart contract implementation of a Streaming Payments System for Maker.
MIP35: Peg Stability Module - Compound Mixed Exposure - With Farming
- Defines a new Peg Stability Module which converts USDC to DAI and DAI to USDC.
MIP36: Peg Stability - Compound Governance Dai Leverage
- Defines a Peg stabilizer controlled by governance, which uses the flash minting technique with MIP35 or MIP32 for Dai lending to leverage MakerDAO’s position on cDai.
MIP37: Static Reserve For Governance
- Defines a static reserve which can receive any tokens from anyone as any contract and allow the Governance to withdraw them.
MIP38: DAO Primitives State
- Defines all the state related to Core Units, Budgets and Facilitators.
MIP39: Core Unit Framework
- Defines a framework for managing Core Units and modifying them in the DAO Primitives State MIP.
MIP40: Budget Framework
- Defines a framework for managing budgets and modifying them in the DAO Primitives State MIP.
MIP41: Facilitator Framework
- Defines a framework with subproposal processes for managing Facilitators and modifying them in the DAO Primitives State MIP.
MIP42: Proposed Compensation Addendum for MakerDAO Contributors
- Proposes to pay contributors partially in time-locked MKR to increase value returned to contributors and directly align their interests with those of MakerDAO.
MIP43 - Term Lending Module (TLM)
- Proposes a Maker module to buy and hold tokenized fixed-rate, fixed-term loans to maturity in order to encourage a fixed-rate lending market.
MIP45: Liquidations 2.0 (LIQ-2.0) - Liquidation System Redesign
- Defines and proposes a new Liquidation System for the Maker Protocol.
MIP46: Parameter Proposal Groups
- Proposes the formalization of Parameter Proposal Groups.
MIP47: MakerDAO Multisignature Wallet Management
- Defines the requirements for creating a Multisignature wallet that is recognized by Maker Governance.
MIP48: Streaming Payments via the Keg
- Describes how to utilize the Keg, a method of streaming DAI to various addresses, at a defined rate.
MIP49: Governance Rewards
- Proposes the creation of Governance Rewards that would allow the Maker community to reward MKR holders for locking their MKR tokens in Governance.
MIP13c3-SP9: Onboarding a new collateral type backed by B.Protocol
- Proposes a native integration between B.Protocol and the MakerDAO system, by on-boarding a new collateral type, with lower CR which will be natively backed by a strong commitment from B.Protocol backstop.
MIP4c2-SP10: MIP0 Amendments
- Proposes edits to MIP0 that make it compatible with the newly proposed Domain Framework MIP set. The main changes remove the inbuilt functionality of MIP0 to onboard core personnel and introduce logic that allows Governance Facilitators to designate MIP Editors.
MIP4c2-SP7: MIP4 Amendments
- Proposes changes to MIP4. Adding an allowance for MIP amendments to be able to use the Weekly Governance Cycle for the first 3 months after a MIP has passed and an allowance for multiple MIP amendments in one proposal.
MIP4c2-SP12: MIP16 Amendments
- This amendment MIP proposes edits to MIP16 that makes it compatible with the newly proposed Core Unit Operating Model MIP set. The main change is to clarify the Governance Powers of Facilitators.
MIP4c2-SP11: MIP24 Amendments
- Proposes edits to MIP24 to make it compatible with the newly proposed Core Unit Operating Model MIP set (MIP38, MIP39, MIP40, and MIP41). The main change is to the Governance Facilitator Emergency Vote (MIP24c6) process, which handles the onboarding and offboarding of Facilitators in an attack situation.
MIP39c2-SP3: Governance Core Unit - GOV-001
- Proposes a Core Unit for governance because MakerDAO requires a consistent and well-run governance process managed by elected facilitators in order to remain stable and secure as MakerDAO grows.
MIP40c2-SP3: Core Unit Budget - GOV-001
- Proposes and details a Core Unit Budget modification for the GovAlpha team.
MIP41c4-SP3: Core Unit Facilitator Onboarding
- Proposes LongForWisdom to be onboarded as the Facilitator for the GovAlpha Core Unit. LFW will continue in his current role and will be paid by the Maker Protocol.
MIP39c2-SP2: Adding Risk Core Unit
- Proposes the Onboarding of a Risk Core Unit to ensure the Maker Protocol can continue to grow safely by having proper risk management parameters and risk mitigation tools applied.
MIP40c2-SP2: Add Core Unit Budget (Risk Core Unit)
- Proposes a budget implementation for the Risk Core Unit.
MIP41c4-SP2: Risk Core Unit Facilitator Onboarding
- Proposes Primož Kordež to be onboarded as the Facilitator for the Risk Core Unit. Primož will continue in his current role and will be paid by the Maker Protocol.
MIP39c2-SP1: Adding Core Unit (Real-World Finance)
- Proposes the addition of a Real-World Finance Core Unit. This Core Unit is designed to pursue Real-World Asset work and more generally helps MakerDAO to take over the traditional finance world.
MIP40c2-SP1: Modify Core Unit Budget (Real-World Finance)
- Proposes a budget implementation for the Real-World Finance Core Unit.
MIP41c4-SP1: Facilitator Onboarding (Real-World Finance)
- Proposes Sébastien Derivaux to be onboarded as the Facilitator for the Real-World Finance Core Unit. Seb wants to push his contribution to the MakerDAO to the next level by creating a Core Unit.
MIP0c12-SP3: Subproposal for Core Personnel Onboarding (MIP Editor)
- Proposes to onboard David Utrobin as a MIP Editor.
- PSM flapper (Improvements/Changes to MIP35)
- Vaults with LR << CR
- Collateralization of Commodities for purposes of financing duties and tariffs
- Liquidations 2.0: Technical Summary