This Week (March 01 - March 05)
- Monday marked the beginning of March’s Governance Cycle!
- Formal Submission began on Wednesday, February 24th, and will end on Wednesday, March 03rd.
Formally Submitted Proposals:
This list will be updated if additional proposals are submitted by Wednesday
- MIP34: Keg Streaming Payments Module
- MIP38: DAO Primitives State
- MIP39: Core Unit Framework
- MIP40: Budget Framework
- MIP41: Facilitator Framework
- MIP43: Term Lending Module (TLM)
- MIP45: Liquidations 2.0 (LIQ-2.0) - Liquidation System Redesign
- MIP46: Parameter Proposal Groups
- MIP47: MakerDAO Multisignature Wallet Management
- MIP48: Streaming Payments via the Keg
Core Unit Proposals
- Real-World Finance: MIP39c2-SP1
- Risk: MIP39c2-SP2
- Governance: MIP39c2-SP3
- The Governance Facilitator, @LongForWisdom, will perform a Submission Review this Thursday, January 7th. This determines which of the proposed MIPs and Subproposals are in accordance with guidelines defined in the MIP0 Framework and should be included in the inclusion poll.
Next Week (March 08 - March 12)
- Inclusion Polls go live on Monday
- Open March 8th, 4pm UTC to March 11th, 4pm UTC.
- As a reminder, for Inclusion Polls to successfully pass, the Yes votes for a given option in the inclusion poll must be higher than the combination of No votes plus the Default Inclusion Threshold (DIT). The DIT is set to 3000 MKR.
- Yes > (No + DIT) = Allows inclusion in the Monthly MIPs Governance Poll.
- The Governance Facilitator,@LongForWisdom, will perform the Inclusion Poll Review during the weekly Governance and Risk Call and determine which proposals are eligible for the Monthly MIPs Governance Poll happening on Monday, March 15th.
Proposals in the Conception Stage
MIP44: Reward Join Adapter (
- Proposes a generic vault solution for all tokens with reward.
Proposals in the Request for Comments Stage
MIP31: Active Reserve AMM (dss-ara)
- A technical proposal for an active reserve based on Uniswap V2 contract.
MIP32: Peg Stability Module for Compound Mixed Exposure
- Provides an extension for the PSM. The extension allows the PSM to leverage USDC via dai using cdai. It also convert USDC to cUSDC using the same join adaptor (lending join).
MIP33: Maker Stability Price Module
- This proposal allows the governance to defend a MKR price by pre-allocating dai to buy at a pre-defined level.
MIP35: Peg Stability Module - Compound Mixed Exposure - With Farming
- This proposal defines a new Peg Stability Module which converts USDC to DAI and DAI to USDC.
MIP36: Peg Stability - Compound Governance Dai Leverage
- This proposal defines a Peg stabilizer controlled by governance, which uses the flash minting technique with MIP35 or MIP32 for Dai lending to leverage MakerDAO’s position on cDai.
MIP37: Static Reserve For Governance
- Defines a static reserve which can receive any tokens from anyone as any contract and allow the Governance to withdraw them.
MIP42: Proposed Compensation Addendum for MakerDAO Contributors
- Proposes to pay contributors partially in time-locked MKR to increase value returned to contributors and directly align their interests with those of MakerDAO.
MIP47: MakerDAO Multisignature Wallet Management
- Defines the requirements for creating a Multisignature wallet that is owned by Maker Governance and utilized by community members.
MIP49: Governance Rewards
- Proposes the creation of Governance Rewards that would allow the Maker community to reward MKR holders for locking their MKR tokens in Governance.
Declarations Of Intent
MIP13c3-SP9: Onboarding a new collateral type backed by B.Protocol
- This Declaration of intent asks MakerDAO to consider an experiment for a native integration between B.Protocol and the MakerDAO system, by on-boarding a new collateral type, namely WBTC-B or ETH-C, with lower CR than WBTC-A or ETH-B (respectively), which will be natively backed by a strong commitment from B.Protocol backstop.
MIP13c3-SP10: Declaration of Intent - eurDai
- Analysis of a EUR-pegged DAI.
MIP4c2-SP11: MIP24 Amendments
- Proposes edits to MIP24 that makes it compatible with the newly proposed Core Unit Operating Model MIP set. The main change included is to the Governance Facilitator Emergency Vote process, which directly deals with onboarding and offboarding Facilitators.
MIP4c2-SP7: MIP4 Amendments
- Proposes changes to MIP4 that make new MIP amendments more flexible and allow for multiple amendments to be proposed as a single proposal if they are related.
MIP4c2-SP13: MIP0 Amendments
- Integrates the concept of MIP Sets to MIP0.
Core Unit Subproposals
- Growth Core Unit:
- Pre-MIP discussion: PSM flapper
- Collateralization of Commodities for purposes of financing duties and tariffs
- Vaults with LR << CR
- Liquidations 2.0: Technical Summary
- Throttled Surplus Buffer
- Thoughts on allowing MKR/___ DeFi liquidity providers to vote?
- Real estate tokenization protocol
- Delegation of Authority