Where do you want to spend Dai?

Our partner BitPay wants to better understand what people want to spend their Dai on. Last month, the largest Dai transactions were with their merchant Denison Yacht :eyes:. What categories are you most interested in spending Dai?

Electronics & Hardware
Jewelry & Precious Metals
Entertainment & Gaming
Travel
Internet services

4 Likes

I would like to spend my DAI on good things that make the World a better place–like helping out the recent Earthquake victims from Haiti. So, in simple words–the ability to donate to charities? Do good things with DAI.

But for my selfish self :slight_smile: Travel is priority one. Entertainment is two. Follow by gaming and Internet Svcs. And that’s about it.

4 Likes

Thanks for your input @ElProgreso!! You can also check out the Giving Block which supports Dai (and other crypto) donations across many non-profits, one is Hope for Haiti https://www.thegivingblock.com/donate/Hope-for-Haiti

1 Like

I would like to be able to buy technology with DAI.

Buying the PC that I want and that will allow me to work more efficiently, for which I have been saving in DAI for a long time, would be the pinnacle of this desire I have.

6 Likes

I use it to spend on food, it doesn’t fall into the category haha. As I love the world of video games it would be very interesting to be able to spend it on gamer products or in some video game stores.

7 Likes

I feel absolutely represented by ElProgreso right here.

1 Like

I would like a Mastercard / Visa card that allows me to make my purchases against my DAI.

Any news when Bitpay is coming to the EU?

Have you looked into the cooperation with Revolut? Is it possible in the future?

1 Like

We are actively working Bitpay, and more things will be announced soon.

5 Likes

I would like to spend my Dai in every country of S. America, even French Guyana damnit! And I would like to spend it anytime, anywhere, on anything, no limits. Make it happen!

3 Likes

Speaking of which, you can top up your mobile phone balance with binance. Not if DAI is available to pay with this service and the other services that already support payment through it.

Following the line of what we talked about, it would be brutal that bitrefill accepts DAI, of course the ideal would be xDAI or DAI in polygon.

changing a bit what you said and as we are “MakerDAO” it sounds cool “Maker it happen”. :wink:

5 Likes

The truth is that Binance Pay can be a good ally, too bad that the kyc can be a limitation.

The Bitrefil thing would have to think this in a different network where to spend those Dai by optimism or as you say xdai would be a good option.

5 Likes

We are working with partners that provides this kind of services (like Bitrefill) and also have Binance Pay integrated with DAI, they’ll roll out some good campaigns in the upcoming weeks for have more DAI utilization in lots of places.

2 Likes

Amazing Luis, thanks for that leak :eyes:

3 Likes

One day we can read the same about DAI?

3 Likes

Nice job Jenn! You are the DAI NFT ambassador :wink:

When she put her first NFT up on ZORA three months ago, it was a turning point in her life. Within six minutes she had an offer of 1000 DAI ($999).”

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing this ElPro, very interesting, I had no idea about the impact of NFT on indie artists, very impresive. I’m curious if there are already NFT sound libraries as tracks for songs, that could be a future copyright issue haha ?

3 Likes

I want to spend my DAI on as many L2/sidechains as possible (to buy/support the same things mentioned by others) because I don’t like paying high fees.

I’d also like to be able to move my DAIs around the several L2/sidechains in a very inexpensive way.

Lately I have been using DAI via BSC. but small things in trades or exchanges with friends. @Alefcripto can vouch for that

3 Likes

yeaph, BSC is still widely used, even for merchant payments.

2 Likes