In September, a small working group formed to focus on medium-term initiatives that further develop MakerDAO as an autonomous organization. Since then, the group has added @SamM to the working group and updated a few objectives:
- Decentralize Domain Teams’ work.
- Secure income from the Maker Protocol to ensure funding of continued operations.
- Maintain and develop Maker Governance integrity.
- Attract, onboard, and develop domain teams and individual actors working for the DAO.
- Map a DAO operating infrastructure.
The progress of the work on the objectives are tracked in this document. Some key highlights in the past 2 months:
- Set New Rate Structure and Working Group for Stability Fees
- Further development of Protocol payouts through Keg/Flapper Distributor
- Defined onboarding new Operational Support domain and domain facilitators
- Drafted MIP13 for funding SourceCred from the Protocol
- Developed Onboarding Real World Assets Working Group
- Developed the Collateral Framework for tracking and prioritizing assets
- Launched Risk Monitoring Tools Grants
- Initiatives for onboarding more contributors
- Developing a MIPs Portal
- Improvements to the governance experience
- Get domain teams and contributors paid by the protocol using MIP14
- Operating structure for individuals and teams working for the DAO
- Building a DAO Roadmap